How to Check In a Patient With an Appoinment
Note: You will need test site admin privileges to check in a patient.
- On the Personnel tab, the first table contains everyone who has an appointment scheduled.
- If needed, you can use the search bar to find the patient by name, email or patient ID.
- Click the Check-in button to begin checking in the patient.
Note: The Check-in button will be disabled if the appointment is scheduled for a day that is different from the current one you’re viewing.
- A pop-up window will appear with the patient’s profile information. Enter the serial number of the test kit you’re using for the patient, then click the Check In Patient button.
- Once back on your Personnel page, you’ll see the new patient’s info in the Appointments table, with their Test Kit ID and Check-in time populated.
Note: You’ll now see a new Collected button where “Incomplete” previously appeared in the patient’s row of the Appointments table.
- Once the sample has been collected from the patient and added to the test card according to the test kit’s instructions, click the Collected button next to the patient's name.
- You’ll see a pop-up window to verify that the testing kit is ready and you’re ready to mark that sample as collected. Click the Mark as Collected button.
- You’ll see that a 15-minute countdown clock has started to mark the time needed for the test kit to return a result.
- Once the kit is done processing, you’ll see a Record Result button appear. Click that and record the test result into the pop-up window, clicking the Save and Record Results button to complete the process. You also have the option to edit the serial number here.
- The patient’s record will now move from the Personnel tab to the Results tab on your dashboard.