How do I create an account as a staff member or student over 18?
Please refer to instructions provided by your school. If your school is newly implementing BinaxNOW rapid antigen testing for symptomatic testing, you will have to create two profiles to ensure the appropriate consent is received for each program. If this is the case, your school will send you two registration links.
How do I register?
- Your schools will send staff and students over the age of 18 a unique “Organization Link” or “Organization Code” to create your account and your testing profile. You will provide consent as part of the registration workflow on the Project Beacon website.
- If you already have a Project Beacon profile, go to www.beacontesting.com and log out if currently logged in to any account. If you click a registration link while already logged in, you may receive an error message. In that case, log out of your account and try the link again.
- When you click the link sent by the school, you will be prompted to log in, if you have an existing account, or to create a new account.
- If you don’t have a Project Beacon account, click Create New Account to be taken to the registration page. Enter your email address or phone number, then click Create. You will be prompted to check your email or text messages to verify your account.
- You will receive an account verification link and click “Activate Your Account”:
- You will be brought to the Account Creation screen.
- Insert additional information if you haven’t already. In Email or Mobile Phone, you can enter multiple email addresses or phone numbers for each profile — you’ll just need to add a space between the different entries.
- Phone numbers need to be in one of the following two formats: XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX.
- Click Next.
- Set a password for the account:
Notes for filling out the profile:
Note: You will need to fill out your profile information and give consent before you are eligible for testing.
- Date of Birth must be in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY
- If you’re adding an address to a profile, you must fill out all address fields: Address Line 1, City, State (using the two-character abbreviation, and Zip Code. Address Line 2 is optional. Adding only a partially completed address for any profile will result in a failed roster upload.
- Sex must be one of the following values: Male, Female, Transgender, Unknown
- Race must be one of the following values: Black or African American, Asian, American Indian and Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, White, Other Race
- Ethnicity must be one of the following values: Hispanic or Latino, Not Hispanic or Latino
- Contact Phone number for a parent/guardian will likely be their own. This is used for contact tracing in the event of a positive reflex PCR test.
- The Organization Code field should automatically populate from clicking the unique link the school sent you. If not, you can refer to the organization code the school sent you, or contact the school to have them send it again. Make sure to mention whether you are creating a profile for someone over 18 or under 18 so they send the correct link/code.
- Click Save.
- You will be taken to a screen to provide your consent for the testing program
- Click “I agree to the above terms” and click Continue.
If your profile is not automatically attached to the school’s “Organization” when creating your profile, you will simply see an “I have an Organization code” toggle at the bottom of the profile. If this is the case, you can refer to the organization code the school sent you, or contact the school to have them send it again. (Make sure to mention you are creating a profile for someone over 18 so they send the correct code.)
- You will now see your testing profile in the dropdown under your name at the top right of the screen.
- As a reminder, each time an email with a registration link is received, we recommend logging out of your account before clicking the link.
- Parents will be notified if their child needs to come in for additional testing, or if their child’s individual PCR test has returned a positive result. In the event of a positive result, the school will provide next steps and guidelines.